Gerd Leonhard is a futurist and a humanist, author of ‘Technology vs. Humanity’ and CEO of The Futures Agency.
Listen to Gerd’s episode
Will machines replace humans in the future
In this Futurebuilders podcast together with Gerd Leonhard we will find out:
- Is it necessary for everyone to have a job in the future?
- Will machines replace humans?
- How can you prepare for future
- 2:50 What is the difference between artificial intelligence and natural intelligence?
- 6:10 When AI reaches general intelligence things will get interesting and dangerous
- 8:30 Using machines changes the way we interact and by that they are changing our culture rapidly
- 10:25 The 7%-38%-55% rule of communication, do we destroy part of humanity while communicating via machines?
- 16:40 In ten years we might have a computers with unlimited processing power and then the machines can become something we don’t recognize today
- 19:25 We should not compete machines with logic but rather with creativity, understanding, compassion and anything that is not binary
- 23:08 What will happen when mundane jobs disappear and we can’t define ourselves through our work? Can we separate work from money?
- 29:55 One day we might have unlimited power and water supplies for everyone and that will chance the economic system
- 31:25 Vast knowledge does not make someone or something automatically a professional, we also need understanding to become experts in anything
- 33:21 Could we survive if we had the potential to become superhumans?
- 38:50 There is four important things we should be careful with in the future.
- 40:08 Who has the responsibility of the innovations impact - companies, government or individuals?
- 58:50 We should worry more about humanity than jobs
- 1:04:36 We will invent new jobs when we need them and when the opportunity knocks
The future is here tomorrow. Listen to Futurebuilders’ podcast with Gerd Leonhard today.