Pasi Vainikka is a co-founder and CEO of Solar Foods, a company that creates food out of thin air. Dr. Vainikka is an enthusiastic researcher in the energy field. He’s also an adjunct professor at Lappeenranta university of technology.
Listen to Pasi's episode II
Are lab-based foods a threat to traditional farming?
Listen Pasi’s episode part I here.
In this Futurebuilders podcast together with Pasi Vainikka and our daring host Teemu Uotila we will find out:
- How to make more environmentally friendly food in the future?
- Are lab-based foods a threat to traditional farming?
- What kind of foods will we eat in the future?
- 1:32 With new technology, consumers are more and more empowered to make climate-friendly decisions themselves.
- 8:19 About GMOs and what differentiates Solar Foods’ protein from genetically modified organisms.
- 10:11 Pasi thinks different kinds of meat alternatives and proteins complement each other.
- 11:18 Are lab-based foods a threat to traditional farming?
- 17:06 What is Pasi Vainikka’s view on the future of food? What kind of foods will we eat in the future?
- 20:02 Contamination risk is much lower in lab-based versus animal-based foods.
- 20:54 Solar Foods’ future plans.
- 24:57 As a company dealing with technology it’s important to have a vision of the future.
- 25:34 Pasi Vainikka advises us to be amazed and open because there’ll be a lot of new products coming to the market that skip traditional farming. Try them out!
- 27:22 Where to find out more about Pasi Vainikka and Solar Foods.