Robert Nemlander | Entocube
Robert Nemlander is a serial entrepreneur, civil engineer, public speaker and a former astronaut candidate. He is co-founder of EntoCube, the award-winning Nordic leader in insect farming technologies and insect foods.
Listen to Robert's episode
How can we create sustainable nutrition in the Future?
In this Futurebuilders podcast together with Robert Nemlander and our daring host Teemu Uotila we will find out:
- How can we create sustainable nutrition in the Future?
- How to feed Earth and Mars?
- How to be the change you want to see in the world?
- 0:55 What are the key challenges on colonizing planet Mars? How is eating insects connected to colonizing Mars?
- 4:12 How can we make insects a main street culinary phenomenon on Western world?
- 5:20 How the crickets are actually farmed? Could insect farming be the answer to the problems agriculture will face because of the climate change?
- 8:55 What does it take to become a insect farmer? Could I farm edible crickets at home?
- 12:24 What are the nutritional values of crickets and how do you make food from insects? What is the vegetarian and vegan perspective on eating insects?
- 15:07 ”My goal is to feed two planets, nothing less.”
- 19:57 What does it take to create a stable food source to feed two planets?
- 24:24 How many times do you have to fail to get something done right?
- 27:39 Are venture capitalists interested about the alternative protein industry?
- 29:09 ”Alternative proteins are a megatrend and inevitable part of our future.”
- 30:59 ”Fundamental difference between US and Europe is that in US things are allowed until they are not and in Europe things are not allowed until they are.”
- 34:07 ”Eating insects is forward looking opportunity, not a backward looking necessity.”
- 35:50 How to get people try something they are afraid of?
- 40:05 What would be the good consumer price that would encourage people to adapt insects on their diets?
- 44:00 Could we battle the world hunger with new insect farming technology?
- 50:15 What are the next edible insect products on market shelfs? Are we going to eat cricket candies soon?
- 53:07 How much space does cricket farm need in Mars to feed for example 10 people?
- 56:02 ”Edible insects are the missing piece to make Mars inhabitable.”
- 1:03:20 ”You can not expect everyone to like everything, we all have our different favourite foods. We just want to provide this opportunity to have insects as a part of the diet.”
- 1:07:18 What should people understand about insect farming for the sake of the future of humanity?
The future is here tomorrow. Listen to Futurebuilders’ podcast with Robert Nemlander today.