Soheila Jalali is a passionate biotech professional doing her master’s degree in Molecular Biology and Biotechnology. She also has experience from health technology startup in India.
Listen to Soheila's episode
Are we able to stop ageing in the future?
In this Futurebuilders podcast together with Soheila Jalali and our daring host Teemu Uotila we will find out:
- What is biotechnology making possible today and tomorrow?
- Are we able to stop ageing in the future?
- How can you get more time?
- 5:36 In the future, biotech can make living easier and healthier, keeping us young longer and help prevent diseases to develop so easily.
- 8:24 What’s the trend of ageing?
- 11:05 About maximum life span.
- 12:10 Most of medicines and equipment to prevent ageing that are available now are superficial.
- 14:27 Can blood transfusion from a younger body into older body improve the health of the latter?
- 18:45 How does hormones and hormone levels relate to ageing?
- 22:02 Can we measure how old a person really is? How do we measure ageing?
- 26:05 Is there a consensus in scientific community how to define ageing?
- 29:12 DNA damage and how the damage can occur. What is the relation to cancer?
- 32:34 How can we reverse or slow down ageing in our bodies?
- 34:57 About fasting and it’s benefits.
- 37:45 About stem cells and the benefits of rejuvenation therapy.
- 42:50 Could there be rejuvenation clinics available for us in the future?
- 44:55 How does food and your diet affect ageing?
- 47:18 About anti-aging effects of food.
- 50:23 The basics of epigenetics and why it’s an important field.
- 53:58 Can we affect epigenetics, the control system of genetics?
- 57:59 About the variation of genes between individuals.
- 59:12 Epigenetics have a memory of their own that is transferred through generations.
- 1:02:29 About “bad genes” and why people shouldn’t worry.
- 1:05:59 Gene editing is frowned upon more by older generations saying it’s unnatural, when actually our whole existence is unnatural.
- 1:07:12 About making a “perfect human baby” by manipulating genetics. On ethics and global regulation.
- 1:14:28 What Soheila would challenge us to do?
- 1:16:50 Soheila on her plans for future.
- 1:18:18 Where can you find Soheila and learn more about the subject?
The future is here tomorrow. Listen to Futurebuilders’ podcast with Soheila Jalali today.